Overnight in Italy.
Savona’s located on the shores of the Ligurian Sea, at the very top of Italy’s boot. Yachts and cruise liners bob in the narrow harbour, which juggles traditional architecture with modern waterside apartments. The city itself boasts a bumper crop of historic landmarks, from the 16th-century Priamar Fortress to the stunning Sistine Chapel – a frescoed mausoleum with a famous namesake in Vatican City. Its biggest claim-to-fame, though, is that it was once home to explorer Christopher Columbus. Do your own exploring beyond the city limits, and you can drive to big-hitters like Genoa and Turin in an hour or two, respectively.
Naples is Italy’s most red-blooded city. This is the place where the pizza is so good people don’t wait for their slices at restaurant tables, they order it to-go from street side windows. And it’s the city where the soundtrack is the beeping of moped horns. For all its joy de vive, you wouldn’t know Naples is actually one of the oldest continuously-inhabited cities in the world. The city centre is actually a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and it’s dripping with ancient architecture, cathedrals and churches.
Built out of limestone and lava, this black and white city’s the second biggest in Sicily. Think palazzo-lined boulevards, shop-fringed squares and designer bars stuffed into Baroque buildings. An ancient port, it comes with a history dating back to the 8th century BC. Plus, it’s got a reputation as the hottest spot in Italy, and it’s not just the 40-degree summers that earn it the title. It also sits at the foot of Mount Etna – Europe’s tallest active volcano. In fact, Catania’s been buried by sizzling hot lava flows more than once. One of its eruptions even gained Hollywood credentials – it featured in Star Wars: Episode III.
Enjoy an early breakfast before the ship docks in Valletta at approx 08:00 hrs. Disembarkation starts once the ship is cleared. Guests can disembark at around 09:00 hrs.
|INSIDE CLASSIC||BALCONY CLASSIC|
- 1 Night accommodation in Italy
- Flights from Malta to Italy including 20Kgs Checked-in Luggage & hand luggage
- 3 nights cruise on Full Board
- All port taxes
- All prices are per adult
- Children sharing with 2 adults (2 to 17years) at €299
- Infants sharing with 2 adults (6 months to 2 years) at €150
- Single supplement: 60% on twin rate
- Tips (compulsory, to be paid on board)-€10.00 per night per person 14 years and over, €5.00 per night for children 4-13 years
- Excursions (optional, to be paid on board)
- Travel Insurance (optional but highly recommended – please ask travel agent for details)